Alexander Simpson started making shaving brushes in the East End of London in 1919. He soon built up the business and in 1924, moved to Clapham where he established an award-winning reputation for his shaving brushes. In 1941, following the loss of his factory in the blitz, Mr Simpson moved his business to the West Country. Today the firm of A. Simpson & Co continues the tradition of making the world/s finest shaving brushes, entirely by hand, in a quiet rural backwater in Somerset, using techniques that have not changed since the firm was founded.
Each shaving brush handle continues to be individually turned on a lathe. The handles are polished and filled by hand with a knot of fine quality selected Chinese badger hair. The hair for each knot is sorted, weighed and tied by a skilled craftsman who then carefully cements the knot into the handle.
After the cement has cured the handles are given a final polish and stamped by hand using traditional lampblack. Finally the distinctive SIMPSONS seal is applied. Each brush is individually presented wrapped in tissue and comes in a stout cardboard box in Simpsons blue-grey livery. A leaflet on the care and use of the brush is enclosed.
There are no products matching the selection.